When at Walgreens, do people struggling with cards or cash frustrate you? Are you left wondering if there is an easier way while standing around with your groceries and prescriptions? Well, there is.
If you have your iPhone with you, you can get done in no time. The delays you experience are meaningless, as Walgreen accepts transactions through Apple Pay. If this is what you were looking for then read on because we have put together all the information you need.
What Is Apple Pay In The First Place?
Apple Pay is Apple’s solution to all your payment issues. It is a fast and secure mode of payment that you can use with your iPhone. It is very safe as Apple takes information security very seriously. It’s useful for all your transactions, from in-store or online purchases to money transfers.
The best part is that it is perfect for all contactless payments. All you have to do is connect your bank account with the Apple Pay account.
Can I Use Apple Pay At Walgreens?
Walgreens is a large retail chain in the USA, and it caters to a huge and diverse customer base. So it is very flexible in terms of payment methods. Walgreens accepts several payment methods other than credit cards or cash.
This includes Apple Pay, as it is used by many Americans (more than 30% nationwide). Walgreens also allows select contactless payment options for its customers, and you can use Apple Pay for this too.
When Can I Use Apple Pay At Walgreens?
People go to Walgreens for various reasons, like picking up prescriptions or buying groceries. Some of these purchases are made online, while some happen at the store.
It’s natural to wonder which of these can be paid for with Apple Pay. Here’s a list for your convenience:
- When you get both store orders and prescription orders delivered from Walgreens, you can pay online using Apple Pay.
- When you order only store products for delivery from Walgreens, you can pay online using Apple Pay.
- When you go to Walgreens to pick up your prescription, you can use Apple Pay at the store.
- Walgreens lets you order online for the store products to be delivered while you pick up the prescription orders yourself. Here, you can pay for the store products online using Apple Pay and use it again to pay at the store for the prescription.
- If you are paying upon delivery of some products, you cannot use Apple Pay. Here you have to use other means.
- If you have made a Photo purchase and paid online you cannot use Apple Pay either. So here, too, you have to use alternate payment methods.
Charges For Using Apple Pay At Walgreens (Cost of Using Apple Pay at Walgreens)
Payments at Walgreens using Apple Pay do not incur additional charges. Walgreens offers the service for free.
Apple Pay goes a step further, providing a 3% cashback that gets added to your Apple Pay wallet.
You can redeem this amount whenever you choose. So besides being convenient, it is profitable to use Apple Pay at Walgreens.
How Do I Make Online Purchases At Walgreens With Apple Pay?
Walgreens accepts Apple Pay for all online purchases except Photo Purchases. So the method is fairly straightforward.
First, you have to select the products you want at the Walgreens website or through the Walgreens app.
Then you have to go to your cart to finalize the purchase.
In payment methods, you will find the option to pay with Apple Pay. You have to press the power button twice to confirm your purchase.
If you follow these simple steps a checkmark will appear on your screen.
This means you have successfully paid for your purchase using Apple Pay.
How Do I Make Instore Purchases At Walgreens With Apple Pay?
You can make all in-store purchases at Walgreens using Apple Pay. It is extremely convenient as you can easily opt for no-contact payment (also referred to as contactless payment). This makes it safe and efficient.
All you have to do is go to the Apple Wallet App and hold the phone near the contactless reader.
Once the reader is scanned you can use your preferred authorization mode to finish the payment. After you provide your Fingerprint or Face ID you will see a checkmark on your screen.
This indicates that the transaction was successful.
Here are my best Apple Pay tricks and tips…
From my experience as an Apple Pay user. Here’s what you should know before you walk into a grocery store with the intent to use Apple Pay:
- Make sure your phone is charged – Okay, seriously! This has been a terrible situation for me. I walk into the store, and then my phone is dead. And I have no other way to pay!
- Have a backup payment – Yes, it’s that simple. Just make sure to carry a credit and debit card with you. Not all stores and locations have Apple Pay terminals (even if the website says it).
- A little cash goes a long way – If you’re like me, having cash on you makes you feel secure. If all these payments fail, what else do I have? Saves embarrassment at the checkout counter!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have some lingering doubts about using Apple Pay at Walgreens, then go through these commonly asked questions we have put together.
Yes, it does. There are two exceptions. Photo purchases and payments for products upon delivery have to be made through alternate methods.
Walgreens accepts a lot of payment methods. If you are at the store, you can opt for contactless payment with your iPhone using Apple Pay.
The Walgreens website supports payments through Apple Pay. You can select this option after finalizing your cart (during the checkout process).
Leave a comment