Does Trader Joe’s accept Apple Pay? I’m a long-time customer, and I want to know whether or not I can use my Apple Pay device or mobile phone at a retail location! The popular grocery retailer has been accepting Apple Pay at all physical outlets since 2015! But there may be some stipulations. Continue reading to find out more.
Does Apple Pay work at Trader Joe’s stores?
Yes, it is possible to make Apple Pay payments for your order in every Trader Joe’s physical store. The shift from old payment terminals to modern NFC terminals took place in 2015 across all Trader Joe’s terminals. These VeriFone touchscreen systems facilitate contactless for all major platforms like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
What are the advantages of making Apple Pay payments in Trader Joe’s stores?
There are several benefits to using contactless payment services like Apple Pay at grocery terminals. Some of these are:
- It is a more secure payment gateway as there is no sharing of your card details with the merchant.
- Single-touch payment takes less time to complete and saves you a lot of time.
- It is very easy to use as you only have to follow a few simple steps to complete the payment.
- Using digital payment methods will open more possibilities for discounts and rewards.
- Setting up your payment in Apple Pay does not take a lot of time and is very user-friendly.
How should I use Apple Pay at a Trader Joe’s outlet?
To properly use Apple Pay in a Trader Joe’s outlet, you’ll need to follow these simple steps:
- First, you’ll need to configure Apple Pay on your phone or your Apple Watch.
- Now, you’re all set for shopping. Once you’re done – head over to the payment terminal.
- Turn on your iPhone or Apple Watch and confirm your identity by using your face or touch ID.
- You can select which card you want to use for payment.
- The payment terminal will process the payment and make a ping sound once it’s complete.
How do I set up my debit card for Apple Pay?
You can easily enter your card details in Apple Pay by following these simple steps:
- Go to the settings section in your iPhone and choose – ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Choose ‘Add Card’ and proceed to select the payment type.
- Now, you can enter your credit or debit card details manually. Alternatively, you can also let your iPhone scan the card to capture the details automatically.
- Then, agree to the terms & conditions and finish the remaining verification steps.
- Your card is now ready for use.
How do I set up my credit card for Apple Watch?
Setting up your cards for Apple Watch is quite simple. You’ll have to follow these basic steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your smartphone.
- Choose ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’ by going to the settings section.
- Choose ‘Add Card’ and follow the next steps to add your credit card.
What are all the ways to make Apple Pay payments at Trader Joe’s?
There are three ways to complete your payment with Apple Pay in a Trader Joe’s outlet. These are as follows:
- Touch ID – This method involves putting your finger on top of the home button to validate your ID and confirm the payment.
- Face ID – This process involves you looking directly at your phone screen to validate your identity and confirm the payment.
- Apple Watch – Tap the side button of your Apple Watch twice (right side of the dial). Then enter the password to complete authentication and confirm the payment.
Can I get cashback rewards and discounts with Apple Pay at a Trader Joe’s outlet?
Yes, you can take advantage of several cashback rewards and discounts with Apple Pay on every Trader Joe’s transaction. As a bonus, there are no limits on transactions & you can get as much as 3% cash back on every financial exchange.
Here are my best Apple Pay tricks and tips…
From my experience as an Apple Pay user. Here’s what you should know before you walk into a grocery store with the intent to use Apple Pay:
- Make sure your phone is charged – Okay, seriously! This has been a terrible situation for me. I walk into the store, and then my phone is dead. And I have no other way to pay!
- Have a backup payment – Yes, it’s that simple. Just make sure to carry a credit and debit card with you. Not all stores and locations have Apple Pay terminals (even if the website says it).
- A little cash goes a long way – If you’re like me, having cash on you makes you feel secure. If all these payments fail, what else do I have? Saves embarrassment at the checkout counter!
Questions and answers from those wanting to use their Apple Pay setup at Trader Joe’s!
Trader Joe’s accepts several payment methods other than Apple Pay, including:
Electronic Benefit Transfer Cards
Google Pay & Samsung Pay, and other mobile payment options
Credit and debit cards
Gift cards from Trader Joe’s
Yes, it is completely safe to make Apple Pay payments at a Trader Joe’s payment terminal. Apple uses built-in security features in both hardware and software of your phone to safeguard your payments. There is no way for the merchant to figure out your payment details.
Trader Joe’s does not have a proprietary e-commerce website offering shipping or other pickup services. However, many Trader Joe’s items are available on Amazon.
You cannot technically make payments from Apple Pay to buy products on Amazon. However, you can make payments with your Apple Card or your credit/debit cards, present in your Apple Wallet, to buy these items on Amazon.
No, Trader Joe’s does not charge anything extra when you make payments with Apple Pay.
Leave a comment