Can you use PayPal on Amazon? I love PayPal! And I love Amazon. I wanted to use them together, but I didn’t know how to do it. I had to find a few workarounds. And this is how I did it. I’m hoping these tricks help you, so you don’t have to struggle as I did!
Before we start, though, there’s some bad news. Amazon does not accept PayPal directly as a payment method. That means that you can’t link your PayPal account to your Amazon account and use it to pay. However, there are some other options!
Why does Amazon doesn’t accept PayPal?
Amazon does not accept PayPal as a payment option for a few reasons. Firstly, Amazon does not have the same relationship with PayPal as with other payment processors that are on its network!
This is mainly because up until around 2015, PayPal was owned by eBay, one of Amazon’s major competitors. Despite having split into two separate companies (today), the two companies still maintain an ongoing partnership, making it difficult for Amazon to consider putting the services directly into Amazon. Although, they do get a lot of requests for it!
In addition to all of this, Amazon has its own payment options that it wants to promote – like Amazon Pay and Amazon Cash – which tries to incentivize customers to use their platform more. This is all about Amazon adding to its bottom line.
4 ways to use PayPal to make purchases on Amazon
While you can not use Paypal directly on Amazon, several options are still available. Consider these some great hacks and tips for getting it working.
1. Buy a Gift Card: You can use PayPal to purchase Amazon Gift Cards from the website and then add or link them directly to your account for use on payments and orders. Tada!
2. Use PayPal Credit/Debit cards: If you have a PayPal credit or debit card (offered directly through PayPal), you can add/link it to your account on Amazon and use it to make payments.
3. Use a Third-Party Payment Processor: You can also use third-party payment processors like PayPal Cash or Venmo to pay for your purchase on Amazon. These services may require additional fees and may take some setup if you haven’t used them before, but they can be convenient solutions if you don’t want to link a credit card or bank account directly to Amazon.
4. PayPal Key: With a PayPal Key, you can take your PayPal Wallet on the go! A PayPal Key is like a “virtual credit card” – it works similarly to the PayPal Cash Card, but there’s no physical card.
All you need are the basic three – a card number, an expiration date, and a security code. Plus, you can use your Key wherever MasterCard is accepted online – this includes Amazon! Getting one is easy – simply follow the instructions from the link provided.
Which is the best option for me?
I would go with utilizing the PayPal Key option. It may be your best alternative to being able to use PayPal when shopping on Amazon.
Unlike other alternatives, you don’t need to connect a bank account or credit card, and there is no extra cost associated with this method – giving you complete ease of access without any additional charges.
What are the Benefits of using “PayPal Key?”
PayPal Key is a virtual debit card that allows you to make online purchases using your PayPal account balance. Some benefits of using PayPal Key include:
- Convenience: PayPal Key allows you to make online purchases without entering your credit card or bank account information.
- Security: It uses advanced security measures to protect your financial information from fraud and unauthorized access.
- Wide acceptance: PayPal Key is accepted at most online merchants that accept PayPal, so you can use it to shop at a wide variety of stores.
- Simplified payment process: With PayPal Key, you can make payments with a single click, making the payment process faster and easier.
- Rewards and discounts: Some merchants offer discounts or rewards for using PayPal Key, which can help you save money on your purchases.
What are other payment methods accepted by Amazon?
Amazon accepts a variety of payment methods, including:
- Credit and debit cards
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Credit Builder
- Amazon Gift Cards
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
The bottom line is that while Amazon does not allow you to use PayPal directly on their website, several options are available for you if you want to use it when shopping with the online retailer.
Whether it’s through buying a gift card, using a PayPal Credit/Debit card, or utilizing a third-party processor like PayPal Cash or Venmo, you can still pay with PayPal on Amazon.
The best option (at least in my opinion) may be the PayPal Key option, which offers convenience, security, and wide acceptance without any extra cost or hassle.
My experience getting Amazon questions answered…
Here’s the thing, getting someone on the phone at Amazon is getting harder. You can use the virtual chat, although it’s getting more difficult. And I get it… Amazon has a lot of questions to answer, and they have a lot of orders to field.
Here are the best ways to get your Amazon questions answered:
- Don’t ask delivery drivers – I made this mistake. Understand that drivers at 1099 workers. They are contractors and cannot help you get the answer that you need.
- Don’t be afraid to make a call or use the virtual assistant – You might have to wait… yes. And it isn’t fun… yes. Although, getting your refund or question answered is sometimes more valuable. This is still the best way to get a question answered, in my opinion.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Common questions from Amazon users:
Unfortunately, you can’t transfer money directly from Amazon to PayPal. You will need to first withdraw the money from your Amazon account into a bank account and then add that bank account to your PayPal wallet in order to complete the transaction.
Yes, you can use a debit card to shop on Amazon. You will need to enter your card details during the checkout process, and you may be asked to complete verification steps such as entering a one-time security code sent to your mobile phone.
The credit score requirement for an Amazon credit card will vary depending on the card issuer you choose. Generally, it is recommended that you have a good to excellent credit score (670+).
Absolutely! When you pay for an item on Amazon with a credit/debit card and an Amazon gift card, the payment can easily be split between both.
Leave a comment